I am recovering this weekend from some dental work that occurred on Thursday. In a nutshell, it started a couple of months ago with gently biting down on something hard in some soup I was eating. Then…
- A week or two later, the molar is sensitive to pressure and cold.
- Saw dentist “A” who couldn’t find anything specific wrong, but concluded it must be a crack.
- Dentist “A” puts in a filling to help stabilize the tooth if it is a crack.
- Over the next few weeks, pain gets better then worse.
- Saw dentist “B” for a second opinion. She came to the same conclusion and sent me to a specialist.
- Saw specialist dentist “C” who said I needed a root canal, regardless of whether it is cracked. All x-rays look normal.
- I declined root canal since nobody could specifically say what was causing the pain.
- At 2:00 am on Thursday, I begged for a root canal. I had to endure until working hours.
- After many phone calls, found dentist “D” who had an opening in the schedule for a root canal.
- It was “take your kid to work day” at dentist “D”. So I had an audience of kids watching my root canal.
- Dentist “D” stops half way through and says that it’s not worth continuing. The tooth is cracked down the back root, below the gum-line. Recommends seeing dentist “E” immediately, who is an oral surgeon.
- Dentist “E” pulls out tooth.
I just want the pain to stop.