RSS
 

Seeburg Jukebox Restoration, Part 5

11 Oct

Remember this from a previous post?

A damaged piece of molding that had to be rebuilt.

Well, as I was installing it, it broke.  I fixed it again, then it broke again.  Repeat 2 more times.  The old wood was just too weak.  So I took a piece of maple, cut and carved an entirely new one from scratch.

New Molding to replace the 3x repaired broken one

Time consuming, yes.  This small piece is only about 5 inches long, but it’s been holding up progress on a lot of other things.

Another task that was holding up progress, and one I had been dreading, was installing the new mirrors on the front door.   But Dave came and gave me a hand or two.

Front door with new mirrors and new grill cloth

In the above photo, the door frame is not done being repaired, but it gives a good idea what it will look like when finished.

I’m happy to get these two obstacles behind me.

See all posts related to this jukebox.

 
2 Comments

Posted in Creations

 

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

 
 
  1. Kate

    October 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm

    I’m impressed that you carved your own frame section and it looks perfect!

     
    • randyg

      October 13, 2011 at 8:31 am

      Thanks! It turned out well so far. Now i need to finish staining it and get it installed.

       
 
css.php