Remember this from a previous post?
A damaged piece of molding that had to be rebuilt.
Well, as I was installing it, it broke. I fixed it again, then it broke again. Repeat 2 more times. The old wood was just too weak. So I took a piece of maple, cut and carved an entirely new one from scratch.
New Molding to replace the 3x repaired broken one
Time consuming, yes. This small piece is only about 5 inches long, but it’s been holding up progress on a lot of other things.
Another task that was holding up progress, and one I had been dreading, was installing the new mirrors on the front door. But Dave came and gave me a hand or two.
Front door with new mirrors and new grill cloth
In the above photo, the door frame is not done being repaired, but it gives a good idea what it will look like when finished.
I’m happy to get these two obstacles behind me.
See all posts related to this jukebox.